Visa for Bangladeshi nationals
The Government of India and Bangladesh have signed Revised Travel Arrangements on 28th January 2013 to grant visas to Bangladeshi nationals and it is issued from time to time by the administrative to the applicant who wants to travel India.
Categories of visa granted to Bangladeshi nationals
1.Diplomat and official visa
If the Bangladeshi nationals hold Diplomatic and Official Passports then they will be allowed to stay in India for 45 days.
2.Short-term double entry visa
In case, Bangladeshi nationals or citizens apply for a visa to travel any third country, whose representative missions or ports are accredited to Bangladesh from India, then on that situation, the applicant may be granted with double entry visa (X-Double Entry), which is valid for three months. However, the visa holders stay in that country must not exceed 15 days, and it is a non-extendable visa.
If the citizens of Bangladesh transit through India by land, air routes or river, then they may be issued a transit visa, which will be valid for 15 days from its date of issuance, however, with this visa, you can stay India up to 5 days maximum from the date of your entry. Furthermore, there is no need for a visa if you direct transit through an airport or seaport.
4.Long-term multiple entry visa
If the citizen of Bangladesh wishes to travel to India to meet relatives, friends or may their children are studying in a reputed institute of India, or they want to visit pilgrimage or they want to visit India for any other legitimate purpose, then they will be granted with a long-term multiple-entry tourist visa. However, Bangladeshi national’s period of stay must not exceed one year. They can stay for a continuous 90 days on each visit.
In case, Bangladeshi nationals are 65 plus years, then the Indian Mission or Ports will grant multiple-entry long-term Tourist visas for 5 years which is subject to the condition and their stay in India must not exceed 90 days on their every visit.
In case, if the Bangladeshi nationals or the citizen of Bangladesh want to return to India after their visit to abroad, then they can obtain a re-entry visa while in India from the State Government or Union Territory of their residence after getting permission from the Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO) concerned.
6.Double-entry transit visa
In a situation where the Bangladesh nationals intending to visit any third country through India by road, rail air or sea shall be issued a Double Entry Transit Visa and can stay up to 15 days, however, the applicant of double-entry transit visa must be aware of his or her stay and that must not exceed 15 days.
7.Visa for students
If Bangladesh students desire to get admission in India’s government or government-approved private Universities, colleges and any other educational institutions or maybe they are admitted-in of the Indian institutes for general or technical study or training, then the student will grant with multiple entry student visas for the period of study or two continuous years. However, the student can apply for a visa extends for more years, and it is valid for 5 years.
In case, the children and spouse of postgraduate students want to visit India to meet the applicant, then they will be granted with multiple entry dependent visas, which will co-terminus with the student visa holder.
8.Visa to businessmen and investors
If the successful businessmen or investors of Bangladesh who are registered within the country or maybe sponsored by any authority will be granted with Multiple Entry Business Visa and that will be valid for 5 years. However, the applicant's stay most not exceeds three months. The spouse, parents, and children of such visa holders will be grant with Multiple Entry Dependent Visa, which will be co-terminus with the principal visa holder.
If the journalist of Bangladesh who is working in any reputed print and electronic media on both countries (India and Bangladesh) will be granted multiple entry visas for one year. With this visa, the journalist can stay for thirty days in his or her stay.
If the Bangladeshi nationals want to get advance and specialized medical treatment in India with prior appointments from a reputed hospital, then they will grant with medical visa for one year until the treatment is done. With a medical visa, the applicant is provided with three entries after granting permission, however, the medical visa holder can request for multiple entries if needed.
Furthermore, three medical attendants can give accompany to the medical visa holder and will co-terminus with the validity of the principal Medical visa holder. The medical visa and the medical attendant visa will be extendable for another year if required or requested by the patient, but it will be subject to the conditions and production of the required medical report.
This medical visa is granted to a Bangladeshi national who wants to visit India for diagnosis or any treatment. It also needs a prior confirmed appointment from the recognized and reputed Indian hospital. However, the patient must bring all medical documents given by the Bangladeshi doctors reflecting the ailments in his or her report.
11.Long-term employment visa
Professionals or experts of Bangladesh appointed by the Indian Government as expatriate consultants under an agreement which is being made between the two countries and their government will be granted with long-term employment visa with multiple entry facility for that assignment or the period of one year.
If his or her spouse, children, and parents are coming, then they will be granted with a dependent visa with multiple entries facility and will co-terminus with the principal visa holder.
Employment visa is extendable for up to five years from the date of issuance to the employee; however, it can be extendable on year to year basis. It is a multiple-entry visa which is valid for one year and is granted to Bangladeshi nationals who desire to visit India on regular assignment on reputed organization or company of both countries such as Biman Bangladesh Airlines, International Bus Service, Sonali Bank, Air India, etc. or Government to Government projects or where the government company has awarded a contract to a private organization or maybe an inter-corporate transferees of a multi-national company.
Spouse, children, and parents of such visa holders if coming to India with him or her then they will also be granted with multiple dependent visas for the same period as the principal visa holder with multiple entries.
Entry visa or X visa is granted to those Bangladeshi nationals who fulfill the requirements mentioned below—
- If in case, a Bangladeshi national is married to an Indian national or citizen and their children may grant with X-2 visa for 5 years.
- Artistes/ academicians/cultural personalities/professionals who visit India to perform or attend any event or function/ participate in non-profitable commercials that are sponsored by any reputed institutes in India will grant with X-Misc visa for the time of 6 months.
13.Research Scholars who are working in research or educational institutes
If the Bangladeshi nationals who are working in Indian research institutes or educational institutes or scholars are visiting India on the assignment of fellowship or job will be granted with multiple entry research visa for the period of one year, and it will be extendable on year to year basis. However, the research visa is valid for 5 years.
Spouse, children, and parents of such a visa holder will grant with 3 multiple entry dependent visas. It will be co-terminus with a principal visa.
Conference visa is granted to Bangladeshi nationals whose sole objective is to visiting India to participate or attend seminars, conferences, or workshops held in India.
General documents required for visa: Firstly, the applicant needs to submit his or her application with these documents
- 2 recent Passport size photos.
- Original Passport.
- Photocopy of the passport with the relevant pages including residence visa page
- Application Form
- Detailed Synopsis
- Itinerary (Ports of entry and exit from India to be indicated)
- Sponsorship certificate
- Invitation letter from the organization (company or college or any firm)
- Citizenship certificate or domicile certificate
- Financial standing letter or statement copy of the bank (for student, medical visa)
- Bio-profile with details:
- Name and surname as featuring in the passport
1. Contact coordinates - telephone & e-mail address
4. Date and place of birth (Day/ Month/ Year)
5. Passport number & validity
After submission of visitor visa application online or offline with the documents; colored photograph signature, and the files which mention above, have to submit to the Indian Mission/ Post/ FRRO/FRO concerned for advance verification.
Documents for investors and businessmen visa
If the investors and businessmen who are applying for a visa, then the Bangladeshi nationals must have financial standing and should full fill the criteria written below—
- The turnover or gross sales from the business, firm/company which is established in India (where the Bangladeshi nationals are working) should be financially strong and must earn 50 lakh per annum.
- The annual income should be 5 lakh in Bangladeshi taka.
Documents from Bangladesh
- A copy of Citizenship or domicile certificate in English translation
- A letter from the firm or company in Bangladesh containing details of the applicant and his or her designation and purpose of visit
- A copy of sponsorship certificate or letter of the chamber of commerce of Bangladesh such as Bangladesh Bank, Board of Investments, BEPZA, FBCCI, DCCI, etc.
Documents from India
- An invitation letter from Indian registered companies such as Reserve Bank of India, MCCI, FICCI, ASSOCHAM, CII, NASSCOM, etc. containing details of the applicant who is visiting and his or her duration of stay.
- Copy of a Letter of Credit from a scheduled bank in India or the Public sector.
- A copy of the invitation letter to attend fair/trade or business exhibition in India or fair authorities or Federation or chamber concerned
Medical visa documents
- Copy of citizenship certificate in English translation
- A letter of appointment from the government or private hospital such ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research)/ NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers)/ MCI (Medical Council of India)/ CGHS (Central Government Health Scheme)reputed hospital in India.
- A medical report from the Bangladesh hospital containing patient’s information and ailments by Bangladeshi doctor.
Note: Duration of Visa or the number of entries in India is purely the discretion of the Indian Embassy, or Consulate has no role in order to make any approach or process. The applicant has to observe and realize that Visa will not be a subject of right, and, hence the Embassy / Consulates might deny the visa if no longer observed the eligibility / or does no longer have adequate supporting documentation. If the process is not matching according to the demand from the authority will not grant a double entry visa (only for Bangladeshi nationals) if you request more days or time in India. So, provide your details and information before you submit your application, and must pay your application process amount. There will be no clarifications on this regard, and the resolution or decision of the Embassy / Consulate will probably be final.