A large number of people from East Timor come to India to squeeze every drop of spirituality by indulging in yoga activities, visiting religious places and having a sunbathe on the beach on a sunny day. And, the best thing about this culturally-blessed nation is that it treats every foreigner with the utmost respect irrespective of their country’s economic or political status which, in turn, leads a tremendous need for an Indian visa in this southeast Asian country.
To promote tourism and strengthen relations with this small nation, the government of India included it in the list of eligible countries whose citizens are eligible for the online India visa application system. It means no hassle and everything can be done with a laptop or smartphone.
We have provided you a list of designated airports and seaports for the East Timor citizen with an electronic visa for entry to India:
There is a list given below of 28 airports in alphabetical order and 5 designated seaports from where the East Timor national can enter India when having a valid e visa for India:
Airports: Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bag Dogra, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Port Blair, Pune, Tiruchirappalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi and Visakhapatnam.
Seaports: Cochin, Goa, Mangalore, Chennai and Mumbai.
Famous places in India whose beauty is appreciated by the people of East Timor most:
Some of the best tourist destinations in India are:
- St. Paul Cathedral, Kolkata, West Bengal
- Santa Cruz Basilica, Kerala
- Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
- Andaman and Nicobar
- Velankanni Church, Tamil Nadu
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Mumbai, Maharashtra
India and East Timor relations:
Trade relations between India and East Timor have been since the early modern period. In search of sandalwood, Indian traders visited this island. When the Portuguese colonisation of East Timor and some parts of India took place, the trade ties between these two countries boosted
In the present, some Indian entrepreneurs reside in this tiny country, and many people work in trading and the restaurant business. People of East Timor feel like home in India and appreciate its glorious culture.
Famous cuisines and beverages of India: Pesarattu, Pulihora, Medu Vada, Pazham Puri, Shikanji, Bedmi puri, Khasta Kachori, Kahwah, Kandale ka Saag, Masala Dosa, Appum, Rogan Josh, Sambhar Vada, Paneer naan, kebab, Bhindi Masala, Kafuli Lucknowi Kebabs, Lassi, Paneer Tikka, Pongal, Kadhi, Phaanu, and so on.
Temperament of Indians:
Kind-natured, welcoming, cooperative and generous.
Things must be taken into mind during your India visit:
- Avoid talking or talk only when it’s urgent, to the people of suspicious and unknown organizations or agencies
- Never, especially when it’s dark, go to unlit or dark areas alone, especially girls.
- Control yourself from giving money or food to monks, clerics or beggars coming to you for it; you should ignore and stay away from them, as they can be thieves or snatchers.
- Stay away from oily and fried food during your visit, as it may lead to digestive issues.
- Choose the season before visiting India taking into account convenience and present health conditions because some Indian places are very hot, cold and rainy.
- Never forget to keep your valid Indian visa in your pocket or purse and show it to officials when asked.
- Always remember to keep some cash in your pocket when visiting backward or undeveloped areas because most small shopkeepers and rural-people accept only cash, not online payments.
- Taking the strict cultural beliefs of Indians into consideration, don’t hug or kiss your better half publicly or in family restaurants. And, wear modest clothes when visiting religious places, shrines, etc.
- Don’t forget to put off your shoes or sleepers before going into religious places.
- Always stay in highly-reputed and registered places with reliable, clean records and security systems.