Long Term Visa
Long Term Visa or LTV to Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Pakistan nationals who desire to visit India on their valid travel passport or document and visa and who also seeking for permanent settlement in the country or looking to get Indian citizenship must match these eligibility conditions—
Eligibility for LTV
- In case, Afghanistan/Pakistan or Bangladesh has minority members of Hindus, Buddhists, Jains, Christians, and Parsis.
- If Pakistani, Bangladeshi and Afghani women married to Indian nationals and staying in Indian states then they will be eligible for LTV.
- However, in case, Indian origin women who hold Bangladesh/ Afghanistan and Pakistan nationality after marrying Pakistan/Bangladesh/Afghanistan nationals want to return to India due to their divorce/widowhood and having no male members to support them in Bangladesh/Afghanistan/Pakistan.
Procedure to get LTV
Afghanistan/Pakistan/Bangladesh citizens who are coming to India on short term visas (on any category, which are reserved for Pakistan/Bangladesh/Afghanistan nationals) will be able to apply for LTV under the above described eligible categories. However, the nationals will also be able to apply for visa extension for six months after getting permission by the FRRO/FRO concerned.
Note: If the nationals of Afghanistan under eligible categories who are already staying in India on residential permits or visas may apply for Long Term Visa (LTV).
Pakistan/Afghanistan/Bangladesh citizens who are eligible for LTV can apply for LTV online in the C-FRO by logging in at the indianfrro.gov.in/frro. For that, the applicants are requested to upload photographs and other mandatory documents as mentioned below for each category and submit the document online to the concerned Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO)/ Foreigners Registration Officer (FRO) / Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) with processing amount.
Documents must be uploaded by the applicant with the LTV application
- A copy of passport
- Copy of visa and address permit
- Indemnity Bond from the Indian guarantor
- ID or Identification proof provided by the Indian national providing the Indemnity Bond (Election Identity Card/Passport/ Ration Card with a snapshot of the guarantor, however, Aadhaar card will not be accepted as a proof of Indian nationality.
In the case of minors, the written consent of the parents so that the applicant grant of LTV.
However, if the candidate is from the above-mentioned paragraphs or categories such as Pakistan or Bangladesh and Afghanistan women marry to Indian citizen and staying in-country—
Then, the candidate needs to have a copy of the domicile certificate or Indian passport of their Indian husband either in the Hindi version or English version of their marriage certificate or Nikahnama.
In case, if the candidate is from the above-mentioned paragraphs or categories such as Pakistan or Bangladesh and Afghanistan women married to Indian citizen and staying in the country—but want to return to India due to their widowhood/divorce or having no male member in the family who can support them in Pakistan/ Afghanistan/Bangladesh—
- Then the candidate must have a copy of the divorce or death certificate of their husband.
Fee to submit
Each candidate who wants to return from Pakistan/Bangladesh/Afghanistan must pay the fee of Rs.100/- so that they can be granted with LTV by Pakistani nationals. This fee must be paid online. In the case of Bangladeshi or Afghani nationals, they don’t need to pay any amount online.
After submitting the application along with all required documents including fee online, the candidate will be allotted a date to bring their original documents for verification by the Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO)/ Foreigners Registration Officer (FRO) / Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) concerned. After verification of the original documents, they will be returned to you and will acknowledge the application online.
Thereafter, the candidate needs to process their online application for the final decision of the Ministry of Home Affairs online. Based on the decision of the Ministry of Home Affairs, Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO)/ Foreigners Registration Officer (FRO) / Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) concerned will provide you suitable endorsement on applicant’s passport or address permit of the Bangladesh/Pakistan/Afghanistan nationals.
Validity for LTV grant
Long Term Visa or LTV is granted for five years who covers the categories mentioned above. In case, the applicant fulfills sub-paragraphs of requirement, then he or she will be provided with LTV for one year.
- Grant of Long Term Visa will be solely subject to Police Reporting every year from where the Pakistan/Bangladesh/Afghanistan citizens are living or allowed to stay on LTV.
- The applicants need to provide their phone numbers if they belong from Pakistan/Bangladesh/Afghanistan and staying on LTV. They need to report to the FRRO/FRO/DCP and in case, if the candidate changes something in their application, must be informed to the FRRO/DCPFRO without any further delay.
Grant of Re-entry facility
If in case, the applicant needs to do re-entry to his or her country (Pakistan/Bangladesh/Afghanistan), then he or she will be provided with 90 days for re-entry who are currently living in India on LTV or those requests for Long Term Visa is under consideration, as mentioned below—
- The applicant will be allowed to enter their home country (Pakistan/Bangladesh/Afghanistan) once in a calendar year.
- The applicant is also allowed to visit any third country other than Pakistan once in a calendar year.
- In emergency or deserving cases, FRRO/DCP/FRO concerned may grant ‘Return Visa’ more than once in a calendar year.
Other facility provided to the person who is granted with LTV
- FRRO/FRO concerned is empowered to provide permission to Bangladesh/Afghanistan citizens who are staying in India on Long Term Visa. However, the meeting or interview will be purely private when FRRO/FRO allotted date for the interview including Government/Semi-Government/cooperative jobs, local bodies, etc. in case of Pakistan nationals who are staying in India on LTV, permission will be granted by the UT Administration or State Government concerned.
- Children of Bangladesh/Pakistan/Afghanistan citizens who are staying in India on Long Term Visa are permitted to take admission to colleges, schools, universities/professional or professional institutions, etc. these facilities are subject to usual conditions if in case the foreigner is applying for LTV. No permission will be required for this purpose; however, you need to inform the FRRO/FRO concerned.
- In case, Pakistani nationals who are belonging to categories as mentioned above in sub-para who are living in India on LTV or whose grant for LTV is under observation and consideration, the UT Administration or the State Government concerned may offer the applicant with additional places or more than 2 places at a provided time if the applicant satisfies them with a genuine request. However, this would also be subject to Police Reporting within 24 hours of arrival in a new place. The Pakistani national may also take the exit from the FRO/FRO/DCP before leaving their current staying place (who is belonging from the sub-paragraph mentioned above.
- Pakistani citizens who are living in India on Long Term Visa after getting permission by the Ministry of Home Affairs or whose LTV is under consideration of the UT Administration/State Government/Ministry of Home Affairs may grant with approval for change in the mode of port and travel of exit after concerned of the State Government or UT Administration. However, Pakistani nationals are permitted to exist from the designated check ports.
- Pakistan/Afghanistan/Bangladesh Doctors who are living in India on Long Term Visa or LTV can do private practice at their places after obtaining No Objection from the Medical Council of India and the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Additional benefits provided to the minority communities in Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Afghanistan such as Hindu, Sikhs, Jains, Parsis, Buddhists, and Christians
1. Permission granted to do self-employment and business
Selling of household goods, grocery items, fruits or vegetables, or any other business, however, their places must not be in restricted, protected, and cantonment areas.
However, these people are not permitted to establish their work or business or self-employment in the defense establishment, contractual labor work, the scientific establishment, railways, ministries, etc.
Furthermore, the applicant is also not allowed to engage in the business of telecommunication such as
- Mobile handsets
- SIM Cards
- Laptops, etc
- And security system business, which is relating to information technology, computers, cyber café, scrap, or kabari business with defense units.
2. Restriction-free travel except protected/restricted and cantonment areas
Such persons who are living in India on LTV are allowed or permitted to travel freely within the State or UT except for Cantonment/Restricted/Protected areas, but they need to get prior permission from the DCP/FRO/FRRO concerned. In the case of those who are living in India on LTV in the National Capital Region are permitted to travel in entire NCR, except restricted areas without advance approval of DCP/FRRO/FRO.
3. The citizens of Pak, Bangladesh, and Afghanistan can stay for 15 days for medical treatment
In case, Pakistan/Bangladesh and Afghanistan nationals or citizens visit State or UT, then they will be allowed to travel on such states but they are not allowed to visit Protected/Restricted/Cantonment areas. However, such applicants are allowed to visit for a short time, which is 15 days.
Such persons are also allowed to get treatment from Indian hospitals, but 15 days will not exceed, and they also need to bring their home country hospital certificate to get treated in Indian hospitals with documentary proof. These all need to submit online to the DCP/FRO/FRRO concerned.
4. Reduction of penalty on non-extension of LTV on time
The penalty on non-extension of LTV on time is revised as followed—
||Period of Overstay
||Upto 90 days
||US$ 30 (amount in Indian rupees) (Approx. Rs. 1950 at 1 US$= Rs.65)
||Between 91 days and up to 2 years
||US$ 130 (amount in Indian rupees) (Approx. Rs. 8450 at 1 US $ = Rs.65)
||More than 2 years
||US$ 230 (amount in Indian rupees) (Approx. Rs.14,950 at 1 US$ = Rs.65)
5. Opening of Bank Account
The people of Pakistan/Afghanistan/Bangladesh on LTV are allowed to open their bank accounts.
6. Buy Property
Such people are also allowed to purchase a small dwelling unit for suitable accommodation, self-occupation carrying self-employment without any advance approval of the Reserve Bank of India.
7. Issuance of Driving License
People of Pakistan/Afghanistan/Bangladesh on LTV are eligible for Driving License. They just need to provide their address proof and LTV documents.
8. Issuance of PAN Card and Aadhaar Card
People of Pakistan/Afghanistan/Bangladesh on LTV are eligible for PAN Card and Aadhaar Card. They just need to provide their address proof and LTV documents and link their details with Aadhaar centre.
Note: Duration of Visa or the number of entries in India is purely the discretion of the Indian Embassy, or Consulate has no role in order to make any approach or process. The applicant has to observe and realize that Visa will not be a subject of right, and, hence the Embassy / Consulates might deny the visa if no longer observed the eligibility / or does no longer have adequate supporting documentation. If the process is not matching according to the demand from the authority will not grant a Long Term Visa if you request more days or time in India. So, provide your details and information before you submit your application, and must pay your application process amount. There will be no clarifications on this regard, and the resolution or decision of the Embassy / Consulate will probably be final.