Provision visa Eligibility
- Provision Student Visa is granted to those overseas people or students who want to study further and who want to pursue their career in a vocational course in Indian institutes or Universities. It is a very special Visa that allows foreigners to enter India to conduct courses/classes and further education in Indian colleges.
- However, a provision visa is granted to those overseas nationals whose sole objective is to conduct full-time courses including vocational education, English, and other language courses at Central or State Government Educational Institutions and Private Educational Institutes, however, that must be recognized by the statutory regulatory body.
- The overseas student must show his or her original proof of admission of their full-time course where they are going to attend classes or a reputed and recognized educational institute in India so that, the foreign student can grant with a student visa easily. Meanwhile, in case if the student wants to take admission in a para-medical course or medical college, then they need to generate a letter of approval or ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the Ministry of Health.
- Furthermore, the provision student should have a strong financial background so that he or she can show the documents and a letter. The student should also have a bank certificate or guarantee (which may contain their parents or guardian names). If these requirements are provided while taking admission or applying for the student visa, then the admission will be accepted in India and will grant with a student visa. However, the student also needs to show some evidence of transfer of funds from his or her country to India on their accounts for at least 4 months.
Provisional admission certificate for a student visa
In case an applicant does not have a certificate of taking admission from the recognized institute/ University/college/ educational centres may be offered a ‘Provisional Student Visa’ based on provisional admission certificate which defines that the foreign student does have the letter of the university where he or she wants to take admission in India. The Provisional Student Visa is granted to students with six months period which also can be extended if needed under the jurisdictional FRRO/FRO. The copy of FRRO/ FRO confirms the receipt of his or her admission to the institute in India. However, the Student gets regular admission in some reputed college/ educational institutes/ University by showing the validity of his or her provisional visa.
However, the Student Visa comes with 5 years validity until the course is done.
Key points to remember before applying for Provision Student Visa
- The federal government of India or the immigration authority may grant scholar or student visas to nationals and their residents who're willing to be trained or study in India for the highest study or education of up to 5 years or the length of the academy course. Nevertheless, these nationals must not include Pakistan and Bangladesh for an academic visa or student visa.
- The validity of the student Visa must to not exceed 5 years. Nevertheless, the student of an international country is granted 4 academic years to visit India and their own country throughout vacations.
- In emergencies, the scholar or student may just get further entries with the aid of FRRO/ FRO with prior permission from the institute or educational institute.
- Nonetheless, if a scholar or student of Bangladesh and Pakistan applies for a provision or student visa, then she or he must have some approach or stipulations prescribed individually by the federal government of India.
General documents required for visa: Firstly, the applicant needs to submit his or her application with these documents
- 2 recent Passport size photos.
- Original Passport.
- Photocopy of the passport with the relevant pages including residence visa page
- Application Form
- Detailed Synopsis
- Itinerary (Ports of entry and exit from India to be indicated)
- Sponsorship certificate
- Invitation letter from the organization (college or institution)
- Citizenship certificate or domicile certificate
- Financial standing letter or statement copy of the bank (for student)
- Certificates of school or college of foreign country to take admission in India
- Bio-profile with details:
- Name and surname as featuring in the passport
1. Contact coordinates - telephone & e-mail address
4. Date and place of birth (Day/ Month/ Year)
5. Passport number & validity
After submission of visitor visa application online or offline with the documents; colored photograph signature, and the files which mention above, have to submit to the Indian Mission/ Post/ FRRO/FRO concerned for advance verification.
Validation of the provision visa
A provisional student visa is legitimate for six months for the scholars or students who want to explore Indian institutes to get admission or taking admission entrance tests. Applicant must possess the proof of admission for a full-time course in reputed/recognized academic institutions in India and evidence of monetary support.
Extension of Visa
If, a foreign student or scholar fails to qualify a course in India which she or he took can apply for the Student Visa extension for 3 attempts if he or she cannot pass the usual course time as long as the Institute or college offers permission to that scholar to complete the course. FRRO/FRO will also accept this transformation of course if required or applied by the pupil.
Travelers who hold a valid student visa can enter India through any desired port of immigration check post—airports and seaports.
Foreign student information datasheet
Student Information that must be furnished within 24 hours from the time of admission
|Date of Birth
||Father name/ Mother name
||Father / Mother Address in India
|Institution Admission No.
|Date of joining in Institution
|Date of issue of Passport
|Place of issue of Passport
|Passport issued Country
|Expiry Date of Passport
|Visa issued Date
|Place of issue of Visa
|Visa issued Country
|Visa Expiry Date
|Purpose of visit
|Course details ()
You also need to submit information about your course in India, which you are going to conduct—
Course details- submit before 24 hours of admission
||Non-Semester/ Semester/ Short Term
||From Date: To Date:
Register yourself with FRRO/FRO prior 14 days of your arrival of date in India
|Registration Certificate No.
|RC issued Date
|RC Expiry Date
Missions or Ports that provide Student visa for up to 5 years
- 1. Shri Siddehendra Kaladshetram, Kuchipudi, Krishna Distt - 521136.
- 2. Kalakshetram, Ramachandra Rao Pet, Kluru, West Godavari.
- 3. Sree Vankatarama Natya Mandali, Kuchipudi, Divi Taluk, Krishna Distt.
- 4. Sri Ramasrishna Natya Mandali, 20/4 43, Konetimitta, Mulapet, Nellore – 524003.
- 5. New Music School, 1-1-258 Chikkadapalli, Hyderabad – 500020.
- 6. Varigapaki Reddigari Palli, Botlache Rewel, Rayachoty, Dit. Cuddapah.
- 7. Sri Thyagarya Gana Sabha, Viveknagar, Hyderabad.
- 8. Sri Sarda Natya Mandli, Vaspuru, Tanuku Taluk, West Godavari
- 9. Sri Venkateswara Natya, Kala Paroshad, 100, Gandhi Road, Tirupati, Chittoor.
- 10. Sree Sreenivasa Sangeetha Pathasala, Gutala- 534343, West Godavari.
- 1. Shriram Bharatiya Kala Kendra, No. 1, Copernicus Marg, New Delhi –2.
- 2. Abhiyan, C-5, Press Enclave, Saket, New Delhi - 110017.
- 3. Sri Ram Centre for Art & Culture, 4, College Road, New Delhi.
- 4. Pravatiya Kala Kendra, R – 23, Indrapuri, New Delhi.
- 5. Nritya Kaustubha Cultural Society, D –I/39, Satya Marg, Chnakyapuri, New Delhi.
- 6. Society for the Promotion of Indian Classical Music & Culture Amongst Youth, B 22 Gitanjali, Malviya Nagar, New Delhi
- 7. Bharatiya Sangeet Sadan, 52, Community Centre, East of Kailash, New Delhi – 65.
- 1. Pracheen Kala Kendra, Kothi No.197, Sector 16-A, Chandigarh 160016.
- 2. Indian National Theatre, 119, Sector 36-A, Chandigarh.
- 1. Sharda Sangeet Sadan, M.C. Road, Bhagalpur, Bihar.
- 2. Sri Jagannath Art School, P.O. Seraikella – 833219
- 3. Nritya Kala Kendra, No. 1, Straight Mile Road, Northern Town, Jamshedpur – 831002.
- 4. Kala Bhawan, Purnia – 854301.
- 1. Sibsagar Natya Samaj, Arundoy Path, P.O. Sibsagar – 785640, Assam.
- 2. Sri Sankardeva Kala Kristi Kendra, P.O. Bhorulun Tini Ali, Distt. Sibsagar, Assam.
- 3. Uttar Kamalabari Satra Sankardev Kristi Sangha, P.O. Kamalabari, Majuli, Distt. Sibsagar, Assam.
- 4. Gharmora Model Stra Hills & Plains Cultural Institution, P.O. Dirgha, Scajulle, North
Lakshimpur, Pin. 787001, Assam.
- 5. Manipuri Kala Academy, Lakhimpur- Khunou, P.O. Fulertal – 788106, Dt. Cachar, Assam.
- 6. Sangita Sattra, C/o Eastern Printers, Chandmari, Guwahati – 7881003, Assam.
- 7. Mukhosh Sampradaya Drama & Cultural Society, Sen-D-Bari, Longai Road, Karimganj – 788710.
- 8. Ramkrishna Sangit, Mahavidyalaya, Ramkrishnagar – 788166, Dt. Cachar, Assam.
- 9. Bhaskarjyoti , Vill Japia Kalitachupa, P.O. Khudradimu, Dt. Kamrup, Assam
- 10. Sri Sankari Kala-Kristi, Bikash Samiti, Natu Kamalbari Satra, P.O. Kamalbari, Majuli, Assam
- 1. Kala Shuklendu, E - 313, Dr. Shirgaokar Road, Panaji, Goa – 403001.
- 2. Kalanjali Ciltural Institution, P.O. Box No. 230, Margao, Goa.
- 3. Mohan Orchestra, Pandit Dharmanand Kosembe Bldg, 3rd Floor, Block A, Room No. 18, Swatasntra Path, Vascodagama, Goa.
- 4. Dayanand kala Kenadra, 1st Floor, Fofur Bldg, Churchoran, Goa – 403706.
- 1. United Theatres, 17/5, Gulab Cottage, Shankali, Simla.
- 2. Tibetan Institute of Performing Arts, Mcleod Ganj, Dharmasala – 176219, Dt. Kangra.
- 1. Haryana Sanskrit Vidyapeeth, Baghoula, Dt. Faridabad.
- 1. Dalit Ranga Bhoomi, C/o Shri Krishna Vaidya Classes, Daruwala Bridge, Sonwar Peth Pune.
- 2. Pandit Vihayakrao Patwardh Smarak Samiti,
- 3. Shivaji Nagar, Miraj House, Pune.
- 4. The Goal Bindue Association, Gomant Dhami, 358, Dr. Bhadkiamkar Road, Mumbai.
- 5. Natya Aradhanna, 196, Gold Field Peth, Solapur.
- 6. Bharatiya Haarikatha and Kritan Mahavidyalaya, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Dr. K.M. Munshi Marg, Chowapaty, Mumbai.
- 7. Akhil Bharatiya Gandharava Mahavidyala Mandal, Ganghrya Niketan, Brahmanpur, Miraj
- 8. Nritya Shree, 3, Dhoke Colony, Jaiprakash Andheri(West).
- 9. Bhaskar Sangeet Vidyalaaya, Bajirao Road, Shaniparajah , Pune.
Note: Duration of Visa or the number of entries in India is purely the discretion of the Indian Embassy, or Consulate has no role in order to make any approach or process. The applicant has to observe and realize that Visa will not be a subject of right, and, hence the Embassy / Consulates might deny the visa if no longer observed the eligibility / or does no longer have adequate supporting documentation. If the process is not matching according to the demand from the authority will not grant a provision student visa if you request more days or time in India. So, provide your details and information before you submit your application, and must pay your application process amount. There will be no clarifications on this regard, and the resolution or decision of the Embassy / Consulate will probably be final.