The Indian government has made the India visa application system online for over 160 countries whose citizens can apply for it online and receive its electronic form if approved. That’s why a tremendous number of foreign tourists regardless of their country status visit India freely and enjoy its beauty hidden in cultural values, historical forts, joyful beaches, snow-clad mountains and so on.
One such eligible country is the Bahamas, widely known for its mesmerizing beaches and entertaining atmosphere, whose nationals can come to India if they have an electronic form of the visa. So, the world is shrinking and one can prepare for visiting any country just by using their fingertips on their laptop.
Designated airports and seaports for the Bahamas national with an electronic visa:
The following is a list of 28 airports and 5 designated seaports from where people from the Bahamas can enter India when in possession of an e visa for India:
Airports: Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bag Dogra, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Port Blair, Pune, Tiruchirappalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi and Visakhapatnam.
Seaports: Cochin, Goa, Mangalore, Chennai and Mumbai.
Famous places in India the Bahamas citizens enjoy visiting:
Some of the best tourist destinations in India are:
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Mumbai, the financial capital of India
- The Taj Mahal, Agra
- Jim Corbett Park, Uttarakhand
- Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
- Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Rishikesh, Uttarakhand
- Manali, Himachal Pradesh
India and the Bahamas relations
Both the Bahamas and India have always supported each other on International platforms like the United Nations. There was a time when the Bahamas was the biggest India’s trade partner in the Caribbean. And, India has also lent its support to the Bahamas in IT and diplomatic training. In short, both of these countries have a harmonious relationship with each other.
Famous cuisines and beverages of India: Dosa, Tawa Paneer, Lassi, Idli, Lucknowi Biryani, Palak Paneer, Laccha Parantha, Chur Chur Naan, Malai Kofta, chowmein, Momos, Tawa Paneer, Lassi, Dal vada, Paneer Dosa, Hyderabadi Biryani, Poha, fish curry, Non-veg Momos, and so on.
Temperament of Indians:
Friendly, soft-natured, cooperative and religious.
Precautions to take
- Don’t interact with the people of suspicious and unknown organizations or agencies
- Don’t, especially after sunset, go to unlit or dark areas alone, especially girls.
- Avoid giving money or food to monks, clerics or beggars coming to you for it; you should ignore and stay from them, as they can be thieves or snatchers.
- Stay away from oily and fried food during your visit, as it may lead to digestive issues.
- Pick the season before visiting India for your convenience because some Indian places are very hot, cold and rainy.
- Always keep your valid Indian visa in your pocket or purse to show it when asked.
- Don’t forget to keep some cash in your pocket every time when going out because most small shopkeepers and rural-people accept only cash.
- Taking the strict cultural beliefs of Indians in mind, don’t hug or kiss your better half publicly or in family restaurants. And, wear modest clothes when visiting religious places, shrines, etc.
- Never forget to put off your shoes or sleepers before entering religious places.
- Stay in only widely-known and registered places with reliable, clean records and security systems.