India is highly culturally blessed, historically rich, economically strong and medically advanced; all these reasons compel foreigners from developed to undeveloped countries to visit India. some of them visit it for medical, some for business and most of them for tourism. Furthermore, guests are considered as a walking god in Indian culture irrespective of where they come from, so foreigners squeeze every drop of selfless and warm hospitality when visiting there.
And, Barbados, although a small country, is one of those eligible countries whose citizens can apply for an Indian visa online without going to any Indian Consulate or Embassy. It is because the government of India has made its visa system online for over 160 countries to boost tourism, welcome foreign investors and businessmen and provide medical facilities to the backward country citizen.
So, if you are a national of Barbados, then you just have to use your fingertips on your personal laptop for a heavenly experience by visiting the land of yoga, India.
Designated airports and seaports for the Barbados national with an electronic visa:
The following is a list of 28 airports and 5 designated seaports from where people from Barbados can enter India when in possession of an e visa for India:
Airports: Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bag Dogra, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Port Blair, Pune, Tiruchirappalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi and Visakhapatnam.
Seaports: Cochin, Goa, Mangalore, Chennai and Mumbai.
Famous places in India the Barbados citizens enjoy visiting:
Some of the best tourist destinations in India are:
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Kerala, god’s own country
- Mumbai, the financial capital of India
- The Taj Mahal, Agra
- Goa, the fun capital of India
- Rajasthan, the land of Warriors
- Varanasi, the spiritual capital of India, Uttar Pradesh
- Rishikesh, the yoga capital of the world, Uttarakhand
- Manali, the honeymoon capital of India, Himachal Pradesh
India and Barbados relations:
When Barbados gained independence, the relations between India and Barbados were established. India gave a throne to Barbados as a gift, which was placed in the Barbadian House of Assembly
Cricket plays a vital role in strengthening the ties between these two countries. Both India and West Indies cricket teams tour each other’s countries. And, many famous Barbadian cricketers have also played in the Indian Premier League.
Famous cuisines and beverages of India: Masala Dosa, Dal vada, palak kofta, Tawa Paneer, Vada Pav, Bombay Sandwich, Pav bhaji, Lassi, Idli, Lucknowi Biryani, Palak Paneer, Laccha Parantha, Chur Chur Naan, Malai Kofta, chowmein, Momos, Tawa Paneer, Lassi, Dal vada, Paneer Dosa, Hyderabadi Biryani, Poha, fish curry, Non-veg Momos, and so on.
Temperament of Indians:
Cheerful, soft-natured, cooperative and religious.
What you must know when visiting India on an Indian visa:
- Avoid interacting with the people of suspicious and unknown organizations or agencies
- Never, especially after sunset, go to unlit or dark areas alone, especially girls.
- Don’t give money or food to monks, clerics or beggars coming to you for it; you should ignore and stay from them, as they can be thieves or snatchers.
- Don’t indulge in oily and fried food during your visit, as it may lead to digestive issues.
- Choose the season before visiting India for your convenience because some Indian places are very hot, cold and rainy.
- Always have your valid Indian visa in your pocket or purse to show it when asked.
- Never forget to keep some cash in your pocket every time when going out because most small shopkeepers and rural-people accept only cash.
- Taking the strict cultural beliefs of Indians in mind, avoid hugging and kissing your better half publicly or in family restaurants. And, wear modest clothes when visiting religious places, shrines, etc.
- Take off your shoes or sleepers before entering religious places.
- Stay in only widely-known and registered places with trustworthy, clean records and security systems.