India, the land of yoga, has blessed a tremendous number of people with its spiritual comfort, which eliminated all the worries and stress of their daily life. and, this heavenly-blessed wants to spread this miraculous bliss all over the world. That’s why it has made possible for the citizens of over 160 to apply for an Indian visa and visit this land of Rishis, Munis, Yoga Acharyas and the like to squeeze every drop of spirituality.
The best thing that India did is that it provided this golden opportunity to countries without any partiality and seeing their economic and global status. therefore, not only big but small countries like the Cook Islands can have their citizens go to India without any hassle. All they have to do is to apply for an India visa online and receive its electronic form to enter India and stay there for a fixed period of time to be immersed in yoga activities.
We have provided you a list of designated airports and seaports for the Cook Islands citizen with an electronic visa for entry to India:
There is a list given below of 28 airports in alphabetical order and 5 designated seaports from where the Cook Islands national can enter India when having a valid e visa for India:
Airports: Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bag Dogra, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Port Blair, Pune, Tiruchirappalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi and Visakhapatnam.
Seaports: Cochin, Goa, Mangalore, Chennai and Mumbai.
Famous places in India visited by people of the Cook Islands most:
Some of the best tourist destinations in India are:
- Rishikesh, Uttarakhand
- Char Minar, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Manali, Himachal Pradesh
- Ranthambore, Rajasthan
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Haridwar, Uttarakhand
- Andaman and Nicobar
The Cook Islands and India relations:
Both India and the Cook Islands established their diplomatic relations in 1998. The bilateral trade between these two countries totalled US$320000 in 2014-2015. No imports were made from the Cook Islands from India, and the full value of trade is India’s exports to the Cook Islands: natural and cultured pearls, imitation jewellery, coins, textile articles, machinery and equipment and precious and semi-precious stones. Furthermore, India lent its financial support of $50000 to the Cook Islands so that the latter can complete its many small projects in 2005.
Famous cuisines and beverages of India: Keema, Pongal, Kadhi, Phaanu, Chom Chom, Baadi, Baati, Bhindi Masala, Kafuli, Kahwah, Shikanji, Sambhar vada, Paneer Dosa, Singori, Kandale ka Saag, Rogan Josh, Paneer naan, kebab, Bedmi puri, Khasta Kachori, Paneer Tikka, Lucknowi Kebabs, and so on.
Temperament of Indians:
Kind-natured, welcoming, helpful and generous.
Things must be kept in mind while visiting India:
- Never talk or talk only when it’s urgent, to the people of suspicious and unknown organizations or agencies
- Never, especially when it’s dark, roam in unlit or dark areas alone, especially girls.
- Control yourself from giving money or food to monks, clerics or beggars coming to you for it; you should ignore and stay away from them, as they can be thieves or snatchers.
- Stay away from oily and fried food during your visit, as it may lead to digestive issues.
- Choose the season before visiting India taking into account convenience and present health conditions because some Indian places are very hot, cold and rainy.
- Always remember to keep your valid Indian visa in your pocket or purse and show it to officials when asked.
- Always keep some cash in your pocket when visiting backward areas because most small shopkeepers and rural-people accept only cash, not online payments.
- Taking the strict cultural beliefs of Indians into consideration, don’t hug and kiss your better half publicly or in family restaurants. And, wear modest clothes when visiting religious places, shrines, etc.
- Take off your shoes or sleepers before entering religious places.
- Stay in only well-known and registered places with reliable, clean records and security systems.