India’s historical buildings and forts have always been a fuel that ignites a burning desire in the heart of foreigners to visit India and be immersed in the legacy left by its rulers and kings. And, the best thing about this culturally-blessed nation is that it leaves no room for partiality for its foreign visitors.
Due to this, people from small countries like Cyprus don’t feel uncomfortable here and always want to visit India to see its glorious history hidden in its ancient buildings and monuments. This leads to a terrific demand for an Indian visa in Cyprus.
Taking this point into account and strengthen relations with every country in the world, the government of India has made the Indian visa application system online for the citizens of over 160 nations, and Cyprus is also a part of this list.
We have provided you a list of designated airports and seaports for the Cyprus citizen with an electronic visa for entry to India:
There is a list given below of 28 airports in alphabetical order and 5 designated seaports from where the Cyprus national can enter India when having a valid e visa for India:
Airports: Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bag Dogra, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Port Blair, Pune, Tiruchirappalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi and Visakhapatnam.
Seaports: Cochin, Goa, Mangalore, Chennai and Mumbai.
Famous places in India loved by the people of Cyprus most:
Some of the best tourist destinations in India are:
- The Red Fort, Delhi
- Taj Mahal, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
- Char Minar, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Bodh Gaya, Bihar
- Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Vaishno Mata Mandir, Jammu
India and Cyprus relations:
India has friendly relations with Cyprus. It supported the latter in its battle for independence from the British rule. The diplomatic relations between these two nations were established in 1962 when Cyprus attained independence.
Apart from that, the military of India also partook in United Nations peacekeeping operations in Cyprus on many occasions. In July 2015, it was found that nearly 2700 Indians live in Cyprus. Most of them work in cosmetics industry, shipping industry and computer companies.
Famous cuisines and beverages of India: Paneer naan, kebab, Paneer Tikka, Pongal, Kadhi, Phaanu, Bedmi puri, Khasta Kachori, Bhindi Masala, Kafuli Lucknowi Kebabs, Lassi, Shikanji, Sambhar Vada, Kahwah, Kandale ka Saag, Rogan Josh, and so on.
Temperament of Indians:
Religious, welcoming, cooperative and generous.
Things must be taken into mind during your India visit:
- Stay away from or talk only when it’s urgent, to the people of suspicious and unknown organizations or agencies
- Never, especially when it’s dark, visit unlit or dark areas alone, especially girls.
- Stop giving money or food to monks, clerics or beggars coming to you for it; you should ignore and stay away from them, as they can be thieves or snatchers.
- Don’t eat oily and fried food during your visit, as it may lead to digestive issues.
- Pick the season before visiting India taking into account convenience and present health conditions because some Indian places are very hot, cold and rainy.
- Always remember to keep your valid Indian visa in your pocket or purse and show it to officials when asked.
- Always have some cash in your pocket when visiting backward areas because most small shopkeepers and rural-people accept only cash, not online payments.
- Taking the strict cultural beliefs of Indians into account, never hug and kiss your better half publicly or in family restaurants. And, wear modest clothes when visiting religious places, shrines, etc.
- Put off your shoes or sleepers before going into religious places.
- Always stay in highly-reputed and registered places with reliable, clean records and security systems.