There are innumerable countries where advanced medical treatment is provided, but what sets India apart from them is the fact that the world-class medical services are provided here at an affordable price under English-speaking and caring doctors and hospital staff. That, why citizens of poor countries like Laos come to India.
Being aware of this fact and make Indian medical technology reach the whole world, the government of India has made its Indian visa application system online for the citizens of Laos coming to India for tourism, medical and business purposes.
It means the citizens of this country can visit India without going to any Indian embassy because they can apply for the visa using their fingertips on their laptop or mobile and receive its electronic form for a legal entry and stay in India.
Designated airports and seaports for the Laos citizen with an electronic visa:
The following is a list of 28 airports and 5 designated seaports from where a Laos national can enter India when in possession of a valid e visa for India:
Airports: Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bag Dogra, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Port Blair, Pune, Tiruchirappalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi and Visakhapatnam.
Seaports: Cochin, Goa, Mangalore, Chennai and Mumbai.
Famous places in India Laos citizens enjoy visiting:
Some of the best tourist destinations in India for Laos are:
- Gokarna, Karnataka
- India Gate, Delhi
- Hazratbal Shrine, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir
- Andaman and Nicobar
- Manali, Himachal Pradesh
- Taj Mahal, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
Relations between India and Laos:
India has a friendly relation with Laos and people from this slowly-developing country come to India mostly for medical treatment, those who come here for tourism purposes enjoy its glorious beauty. Indian people don’t show any partiality to any country citizens, even Pakistanis feel like home here.
The trade between these two Asian countries is based on metals, machinery, ores, pharmaceuticals, electronic equipment and timber
Famous cuisines and beverages of India: Idli, Sambhar vada, Bedmi puri, Butter chicken, Chhole Bhature, Gushtaba, noodles, Halwa, Gushtaba, Raita, Lassi, Chur Chur naan, Kahwah, Fish curry, and the list goes on.
Temperament of Indians:
Helpful, sympathetic, welcoming and religious.
Things to remember when visiting India with an Indian visa:
- Keep yourself away from the people of suspicious and unknown organizations or agencies
- Don’t, especially after sunset, go to unlit or dark areas alone, especially girls.
- Never give money or food to monks, clerics or beggars coming to you for it; you should ignore and stay from them, as they can be thieves or snatchers.
- Stay away from oily and fried food during your visit, as it may lead to digestive issues.
- Pick the season before visiting India for your convenience because some Indian places are very hot, cold and rainy.
- Always keep your valid Indian visa in your pocket or purse to show it when asked.
- Don’t forget to keep some cash in your pocket every time when out because most small shopkeepers and rural-people accept only cash.
- Taking the strict cultural beliefs of Indians into account, don’t kiss or hug your better half publicly or in family restaurants. And, wear modest clothes when visiting religious places, shrines, etc.
- Put off your shoes or sleepers before entering religious places.
- Stay in only widely-known and registered places with trustworthy, clean records and security systems.